Register your office for the
2019 Office Decorating Contest!
Registration will be open for the 2019 Homecoming Office Decorating Contest is OPEN!
Deadline to Register is Friday, October 25 at 5:00 PM!
Take a walk around campus to check out the offices that participated in the 4th Annual Office Decorating Contest! Offices participating in the competition will be featured on this page once registration closes. Winners will be announced at halftime during the Football Game on Saturday, November 2.
All offices and departments are invited to participate in the Office Decorating Contest! We encourage you to simply have fun as you join in this university-wide friendly competition to show off that Volunteer Spirit! No office is too big or too small- we welcome you all!
2019 Office Decorating Contest Guidelines
The participating offices will be judged on the following criteria:
- 20% Creativity
- 20% Adherence to this year’s theme, “Lighting the Way”
- 20% Originality
- 20% Construction
- 20% Spirit
|CREATIVITY||Artistic design, colorful, novel use of materials|
|THEME||Adheres to theme of Homecoming 2019: Lighting the Way.|
|ORIGINALITY||Unique approach to the theme; novel use of materials|
|CONSTRUCTION||Neat and tidy; Follows safety or sturdy construction of display|
|SPIRIT||Uses team mascots, colors, logos; avoids offensive displays|
All offices will be judged on the afternoon of Thursday, November 1st. A small group of students will serve as the judges. Offices can decorate early in the week to showcase UT Pride and Spirit!
The winning office will receive a plaque presented to the winning office/department
This year’s theme, “Lighting the Way” to celebrate the University of Tennessee’s 225th Anniversary. Visit 225.utk.edu to learn more about the history of the University of Tennessee and the celebration. The Volunteers are playing University of Alabama – Birmingham.
2019 Office Decorating Contest Rules
Participants must abide by the rules and regulations established by the University of Tennessee, as well as fire and safety codes. You are welcome to decorate any or all of your office/department area.
- Decorations must be in line with the 2019 Homecoming theme, “225 Years: Lighting the Way,” in conjunction with the University of Tennessee’s 225th Anniversary.
- Supplies will NOT be provided by the Center for Student Engagement.
- For safety, when using lights, do not string lights or extension cords underneath your windows or doors. Use the exterior outlets and be sure the lights you are using are UL Rated for exterior use. Do not string lights across where people walk; this could create a tripping hazard.
- Do not cover your office door numbers.
- Decorations cannot restrict the view of any exit signs
- Decorations cannot restrict/obstruct the movement through hallways, entrances and exits of the office/building.
- All decorations must be appropriate and in good taste and not offensive
Questions? Contact the Center for Student Engagement at 865-974-5455